Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lemon Cloud Pie


This is our FAVORITE holiday pie.  You could make it anytime, but I usually only get around to it during the holidays.  I love LEMON stuff and this is a spectacular pie.  Just lemony enough and a great texture.  My kids fight over the last piece.

1 Pillsbury Pie Crust- cook for a 1 shell pie. (450 for 9-11 min)  I poke holes in the crust with a fork all along the bottom and up the sides.  Then I line the bottom of the uncooked crust with raw pinto beans to weigh the crust down so that it doesn't bubble up.  Then I  throw the bean away when I'm done cooking the crust.

Filling:
1 cup sugar
3 TBSP cornstarch
1 cup Water
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 egg yolks slightly beaten
4 oz cream cheese softened
lemon zest from 1 lemon
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped

Combine sugar and cornstarch and mix well.  Add water, lemon juice and egg yolks.  Cook over medium heat until it boils, stirring constantly.  Boil 1 minute.  Add cream cheese and lemon peel, stirring until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool to room temp.  I usually stick it in the freezer to speed up the cooling time.  After the lemon mixture is cooled, add the whipped whipping cream and fold together.  Place in cooked and cooled pie shell and place in fridge for 6 hours or overnight.  Top with a dollop of whip cream and ENJOY!!

1 comment:

old mother hubbard said...

looks like yummy. lets make it in june when you come to utah