Sunday, October 31, 2010

Baked Ziti


This is a recipe a friend shared with me. She got it off of allrecipes.com.  I made a few changes according to what I had in the fridge.  I haven't frozen this recipe, but my friend has and says that it freezes great.  It made A LOT!!  you could split this in half and freeze part of it when you make it.  It calls for a 9x13 pan, you could use 2 8x8 pans and freeze one and eat one.

1 lb ziti pasta, cooked and drained
2 26 oz jars of your favorite pasta sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 med onion (I just used 1/4 cup dehydratd onion this time)
10 slices provolone cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 oz. shredded mozzerella or Italian cheese
mozzerella, parmasen, or italitan cheese to sprinkle on top (whatever and how much you prefer)

Cook ground beef and onion until browned.  Add sauce and simmer for 15 min.  Cook pasta and drain.  Sprinkle a little salt and toss. 

Layer
1/2 Ziti pasta
Provolone cheese slices
Sour Cream spread on top of cheese slices
1/2 pasta sauce mixture
Rest of pasta
 6 oz Shredded Cheese
Rest of Pasta Sauce mix
However much cheese you want sprinkled on top.

Cook at 350 for 30 min.

Enjoy with a beautiful green salad.

2 comments:

old mother hubbard said...

yum come and cook for me. all i ever cook is stouffers and meat pie. love mommy

Jaime said...

what pasta sauce do you like to use? (haven't found one Raff likes yet)