Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crock Pot Roast & Veggies

 
I'm sure you all have your own Roast Recipes.  It seems that every time I make one, I do something different so I decided to write this one down because it turned out pretty good.

Dredge Roast in Flour
Season with Salt, Pepper, Dehydrated Onions and Garlic (whatever proportions you like to your taste)
Brown in a few TBSP olive oil

Place in a warm Crock Pot

Chop 7 Red potatoes
Chop 5 carrots
Add 1 tsp Rosemary
Add 1 tsp Sage
Add 1 tsp Salt
Add 1/2 tsp pepper
Add 1-2 TBSP olive oil

Mix up veggies and pour around roast in the crock pot

Cook on High for ~5 hours

After I removed the meat and all the veggies, I added some beef boullion granules and thickened it with 2 TBSP flour and 1/4 cup water (shake all together and pour into hot drippings).  Pour over the meat and veggies and serve.

No comments: