Sunday, August 7, 2011

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

CIMG0363

This isn’t so much a recipe as it is an idea that is easy and my kids LOVE

I am in love with the roasted chickens at Sam’s Club.  They are big, juicy, and only cost $4.98.  An uncooked whole chicken cost more than that at most grocery stores.  To get one already cooked to perfection is divine in my book.  I usually try and pick one up every time I shop there.  There is so many things you can do with them.  My one piece of advice is that you remove the chicken from the bone while the chicken is still warm.  It is much easier to do warm than after the chicken has been refrigerated.  For this dish I bought it in the morning, de-boned the chicken and stored it in a Tupperware until I made dinner.

Shredded Chicken from a Roasted Whole Chicken

3/4 –1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce

1/4 cup of water

Add all to a skillet, mix, cover to get warm.  Serve on warm toasted buns.  The ones pictured above are on rolls since they are easier to eat for the kids, but they are great on toasted hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls.

1 comment:

old mother hubbard said...

yum. what a great way to use the bq chicken from the store. i agree that it is cheaper and easier to buy the chick. maybe you should try the old way and hatch, feed, kill, clean, cook and then make dinner way. what a process. glad i can just go buy one. one childhood memory that i dislike is harvesting the chicken on the steps of the grainery.