Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Fruit Salad

Sorry for the lack of recipes this summer, but there has been a lack of cooking anything worth sharing this summer. It's hot, I'm uncomfortable, and cooking is the last thing I've wanted to do. Something I do love eating every summer (and anytime in between) is fruit- especially when I'm pregnant. I have passed on my fruit hog genes to my children as well. So this is a salad that I "made up" this summer and my family will down the whole salad in one sitting. Needless to say "WE LOVE IT"
1 pint blueberries
1 container strawberries
~20 grapes cut in half
1 or 2 bananas (if you put in bananas, make sure you don't add them until right before you serve it so they don't get all brown and squishy)
1 0r 2 mangos
1 or 2 peaches
The good thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever fruit you have or what is on sale at the store. These are just the basics. I wouldn't add melons though- wounldn't go with the sauce.
Sauce:
1/3 pkg Instant Vanilla or French Vanilla pudding
Enough orange juice to make it a slightly thickened sauce ~1/4- 1/2 cup
Stir together with a fork until smooth and slightly thickened and pour over fruit. Chill for ~10-20 minutes. I make it- put it in the fridge- get it out after we've eaten dinner- and it's gone in 10 minutes.
ENJOY!!

1 comment:

amber said...

This looks delicious!

I should be eating this instead of the french fries and pizza I've be craving during this pregnancy. No wonder I gain so much weight!